As well as purchases with a view to developing its grid and replacing grid components, Elia – like any other business – buys goods and services to ensure the general smooth running of the company.
The Services Purchasing Department takes care of all purchases of goods and services not related to construction of the Elia high-voltage grid or replacement of that grid’s components.
The department has some 6 members of staff, who centrally manage all general purchases for all Elia sites. These purchases include the following categories:
- consultancy assignments;
- furniture, training security;
- services related to building maintenance;
- purchases of IT equipment and associated services;
- purchases related to constructing and fitting out the administrative buildings;
- services related to maintenance of the power grid, such as pruning and ground maintenance.